How to use "esteem" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "esteem" in popular movie and book plots
- From low self- esteem to blindness, each student confronts unique personal challenges in the process of developing his or her character. - My Voice, My Life
- After his reappearance aboard the ship, Percival gains esteem among the crew and is welcomed back by the emotional Captain Delmar. - Percival Keene
- The truth and Ross' innocence are finally established, and Florence's actions win the love and esteem of Ross and his family. - Out of the Chorus
- Violet's mother is a fraud: she pretends she has the gift and holds seances for the gentry who hold her in esteem as a celebrity of the day. - Haunting Violet
- He is held in high esteem by the villagers for his prowess. - Pattikada Pattanama
- When Michael catches Dwight trying to release a raccoon into Holly's car, he loudly proclaims his esteem for Holly. - Goodbye, Toby
- Thorn vows to prove that he is as worthy of her esteem as Indigo. - Dragon Cauldron
- Colonel Chabert then becomes a French cavalry officer who is held in high esteem by Napoleon Bonaparte. - Colonel Chabert (novel)
- Louis is devastated by losing his favourite teacher, a man who improved the boy’s self esteem and developed his latent talents. - What Happened to Mr. Forster?
- His efforts are unsuccessful; both he and Ellie can see that they have lost the esteem of their neighbors and former friends. - Noon Wine
- ” The Wife ruins the esteem of both her husband and her lover and leaves a mark on their reputation forever. - The Second Maiden's Tragedy
- She succeeds in this, and manages to put down a prison revolt as well, winning her the esteem of the local population and of the Mandarin. - The Inn of the Sixth Happiness
- Humphry Clinker is a primarily foolish character whose good-natured earnestness earns him the esteem of Matthew Bramble. - The Expedition of Humphry Clinker
- To retain her esteem and that of his grandfather, Lazarus enlists in the army. - Time Enough for Love
Meaning of "esteem" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "esteem" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "esteem" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "esteem"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word esteem below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.