How to use "estranged" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "estranged" in popular movie and book plots
- The estranged couple only have remained married to avoid causing a political scandal for Michael's father. - Theodora Goes Wild
- The film tells the story of a woman (Dorothy Mackaill) who comes between a man (Milton Sills) and his estranged son (Douglas Fairbanks Jr). - The Barker
- Ninety-year-old General Fentiman has been estranged for years from his sister, Lady Dormer. - The Unpleasantness at the Bellona Club
- Frank convinces him to go to Baltimore to ask his estranged parents for money. - As Good as It Gets
- Johnny asks Loretta to invite his estranged younger brother Ronny (Nicolas Cage) to the wedding. - Moonstruck
- Sarah leaves James and goes to live with her estranged mother (Piper Laurie) in a nearby city, reconciling with her in the process. - Children of a Lesser God
- He aims to reconcile with his estranged wife, Holly, at the Christmas party of her employer, the fictional Nakatomi corporation. - Die Hard
- When Percy found out, he became estranged from his wife. - The Scarlet Pimpernel
- Casey is taking his estranged niece Sarah to Los Angeles to visit the grave of Sarah's father. - Under Siege 2: Dark Territory
- Moved by Silent Bob's story, Holden devises a plan to fix both his relationship with Alyssa and his estranged friendship with Banky. - Chasing Amy
- Paul tells her that he will investigate and eventually confronts Doc Golightly (Buddy Ebsen), Holly's estranged husband. - Breakfast at Tiffany's (film)
- He departs from Villa San Girolamo, estranged from his white companions. - The English Patient
- After reaching the house of her estranged lover, Eugene, Claire discovers that Trevor has stolen some of the money. - Until the End of the World
- En route from the Roughnecks to OCS, Sergeant Rico encounters his estranged father, now Corporal Rico, in transit, and reconciles with him. - Starship Troopers
- Upon returning to New York City in 1958, he happens upon his estranged brother Joey, who forgives him but is elusive. - Raging Bull
- Thompson interviews Kane's estranged best friend, Jedediah Leland, in a retirement home. - Citizen Kane
Meaning of "estranged" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "estranged" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "estranged" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "estranged"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word estranged below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.