How to use "etymology" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "etymology" in popular movie and book plots
- He falls back to sleep, but is again woken up by Satan himself (referred to with the popular etymology Scaraoschi), who is infuriated by the loss of his servants, and slaps the soldier over the face. - Ivan Turbincă
- From the etymology of the name ("Los Angeles" in Spanish meaning "The Angels"), Scarlet reasons that the Californian city is the threatened "Place of Angels". - Place of Angels
- The Company computer correctly guesses the etymology of the name. - The Sun Makers
- He adopts the name, which is simply the local word for "chief" (the etymology is not explained - "Diktor" might be derived from "doctor", "director" and/or "dictator"). - By His Bootstraps
Example sentences for "etymology" in interesting articles
- Exhibit A is the spelling bee, which requires long hours studying etymology and memorizing word lists, all for little expected benefit other than the thrill of intellectual competition. - Indian Americans: The New Model Minority
- Forced conscription existed independently of democracy, and has certainly been around as long as organized warfare, and undoubtedly longer." Modern conscription arose during the french revolution (at least that's what history & etymology tell me). - Schneier: The Value of Privacy
- That seemed to honor the etymology and the root of altruism.On Thursday, I wired the money: a thousand for every year of life for my mom, who died a few months before her birthday. - The Greatest Good: What is the best charitable cause in the world?
Meaning of "etymology" in English
- the study of the sources and development of words
- a history of a word
Meaning of "etymology" in Hindi
- शब्द व्युत्पत्ति
Discuss anything about the word etymology below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.