How to use "even" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "even" in popular movie and book plots
- She unties him, saying that, even if he is lying, it is nice to hear his words. - The Crying Game
- Scott accepts his fate and is resigned to the adventure of seeing what awaits him in even smaller realms. - The Incredible Shrinking Man
- She is perceptive enough to penetrate Nick's adopted persona, deeply disturbing him even though she fascinates him. - The Shockwave Rider
- In some ways, you’re even worse than the Borg. - Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
- Crimes such as kidnapping, rape, and even murder may go unpunished if the perpetrator is to be retained in the ongoing story. - Soap opera
- He eventually pursues a relationship with her, even though he is already married. - Raging Bull
- She goes over everything, even why she referred to herself as a "monster", which Yuki's friends previously overheard and misunderstood. - Megatokyo
- He tells of how Kurtz opened his mind, and seems to admire him even for his power—and for his willingness to use it. - Heart of Darkness
- Witty but flippant, Tim jokes around a lot, even at inappropriate times, much to the dismay of his wife. - Home Improvement (TV series)
- Meanwhile, Thomas Wintour stayed in London, and even went to Westminster to see what was happening. - Gunpowder Plot
- Before the party has even begun, a rumor of an affair between Ashley and Scarlett spreads, and Rhett and Melanie hear it. - Gone with the Wind (novel)
- She even manages to persuade Agnes to return with her to the other party. - Show Me Love (film)
- Carmilla says she might be descended from the Karnsteins even though the family died out centuries before. - Carmilla
- Batman soon works up the ladder, even attacking Flass while he was accepting a drug dealer’s bribe. - Batman: Year One
- Detmold tells Cora that even without the records, Fay can identify the inmates from memory. - Anyone Can Whistle
- It will try simply to tell of a generation of men who, even though they may have escaped (its) shells, were destroyed by the war". - All Quiet on the Western Front
Meaning of "even" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "even" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "even" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "even"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word even below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.