How to use "every" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "every" in popular movie and book plots
- In short order, every message coming to and from Chartley Hall was intercepted and read by Walsingham. - Babington Plot
- It is the day of the first phase of a planetary alignment, culminating in a solar eclipse, which (in the film) happens once every 5,000 years. - Lara Croft: Tomb Raider
- Georges promises to write every day asking the same question "When are you coming, Cherie. - Green Card (film)
- Lawrence launches a guerrilla war, blowing up trains and harassing the Turks at every turn. - Lawrence of Arabia (film)
- A maternal line, the Great Family includes every culture, religion, ethnicity, and race. - The Queen of the Damned
- Of course, they say every atom in our bodies was once a part of a star. - Gattaca
- She seems to anticipate Margo's every need, including placing a long distance phone call to Bill when Margo forgets his birthday. - All About Eve
- In his lonely walks around mean streets, aspidistras seem to appear in every lower-middle class window. - Keep the Aspidistra Flying
- Godai tries to explain himself by visiting Kyoko every day, even though she won't answer the door. - Maison Ikkoku
- She mercilessly orders around the farmhand, Westley (Cary Elwes), but he only replies "As you wish" to her every whim. - The Princess Bride (film)
- MacReady explains his theory that every piece of the alien is an individual organism with its own survival instinct. - The Thing (1982 film)
- He becomes a taxi driver to cope with his chronic insomnia, driving passengers every night around the city's boroughs. - Taxi Driver
- The conflict has directly affected every continent on Earth, also nearly every space colony and lunar settlement. - Mobile Suit Gundam
- He invests each and every leaf of his tree with obsessive attention to detail, making every leaf uniquely beautiful. - Leaf by Niggle
- Spirited and willful, she has her father wrapped around her finger and giving into her every demand. - Gone with the Wind (novel)
- She however continues to waste away - appearing to lose blood every night. - Dracula
Meaning of "every" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "every" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "every" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "every"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word every below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.