How to use "evoke" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "evoke" in popular movie and book plots
- The letters evoke long-forgotten memories and cast doubt on many of the choices she made in her life. - With Love... from the Age of Reason
- On the surface, Dostoyevsky was an alcoholic, gambler and epileptic who could evoke revulsion in anyone. - Oru Sankeerthanam Pole
- The home, their deceased mother's effects, and their father's eccentricities evoke memories and sentiments, especially for Jayne. - Happy Tears
- Bella discovers that any thrill-seeking activities she engages in evoke Edward's preserved image. - The Twilight Saga: New Moon
- The jester does his best to comply, but his gags are old and stale, and they evoke no response from the king. - Jittery Jester
- Shortly after that, the Sæcular Power evoke many avout from Saunt Edhar, including Erasmas, as well as one Millenarian – Fraa Jad. - Anathem
- This familiarity with the underlying subject matter of the setting, leads the book to evoke a sense of place not readily found in other works. - The City of Trembling Leaves
- The bumptious women's travels through Zone Three evoke feelings of xenophobia in the locals. - The Marriages Between Zones Three, Four and Five
- Riker then remarks that although Data lacked emotions, he could evoke them strongly in others. - The Most Toys
- Many of the planets on the show have names that evoke ideas of a Western setting, Nebraska, Mesa, Ozark, and Prairie being a few. - The Adventures of the Galaxy Rangers
- The narrator then goes to buy the man a cap, deciding it's not just a ruse to evoke sympathy. - Green Shadows, White Whale
- Pulaski and Counselor Deanna Troi (Marina Sirtis) therefore agree to try to make the machine evoke negative dreams instead. - Shades of Gray (Star Trek: The Next Generation)
- On his journey along the Eastern Sea Road, Shigehira passes numerous places that evoke historical and literary associations. - The Tale of the Heike
- Walt shows some old home movies, hoping to evoke good memories and help break the ice between the father and son. - Paris, Texas (film)
- Rows of marching minions evoke the opening scenes of Metropolis. - 1984 (advertisement)
- He would have to abandon Julie; a married barker cannot evoke the same sexual tension as one who is single. - Carousel (musical)
Meaning of "evoke" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "evoke" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "evoke" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "evoke"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word evoke below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.