How to use "exactly" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "exactly" in popular movie and book plots
- Everyone eats "totalcakes", drinks "cokes", wears exactly the same thing and is satisfied – every day. - This Perfect Day
- Each year in the series takes place exactly 20 years before airing (1988 to 1993). - The Wonder Years
- Phil wakes to "I Got You Babe" and the same announcement from the radio, and soon discovers the day's events repeating exactly as before. - Groundhog Day (film)
- Something happened to her in Texas years earlier, but she refuses to say exactly what. - Thelma & Louise
- Pedott is a peddler who has the curious ability to give people exactly what they need before they need it. - What You Need (The Twilight Zone)
- He relates to Shapiro that he never knows exactly how to entertain an audience "short of faking my own death or setting the theater on fire". - Man on the Moon (film)
- Fate offers him a potion guaranteed to make the drinker the fastest gun in the West for exactly ten seconds. - Mr. Denton on Doomsday
- When the two return to Tsuzuki's estate, he rewards them with exactly what the spirit had predicted. - Throne of Blood
- Jake does not know how long he has been at the way station, nor exactly how he got there and hid when the Walter passed through. - The Dark Tower: The Gunslinger
- Again, to the narrator's surprise, the prince exclaims that this is exactly the picture he wanted. - The Little Prince
- In a situation exactly reversed from the book, she grows to enormous size after drinking the bottle's contents. - Alice in Wonderland (1933 film)
- Slim gives Curley an ultimatum: not to tell anyone what exactly happened. - Of Mice and Men (1939 film)
- In an arranged meeting without public she plays against Turati who does exactly what Luzhin expected and loses. - The Luzhin Defence
- McKay quietly asks Leech exactly what they proved by fighting. - The Big Country
- The excisemen and Maskew are aware of the planned smuggling run but do not know exactly where it will occur. - Moonfleet
- He had not understood exactly what happened but knew he had seen a man die. - La Jetée
Meaning of "exactly" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "exactly" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "exactly" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "exactly"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word exactly below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.