How to use "excerpt" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "excerpt" in popular movie and book plots
- Jason, hoping to impress her, performs an excerpt from Who’s On First with Tyrone. - Hand to God (play)
- A scene in which Private Snafu becomes drunk is musically accompanied by an excerpt from Raymond Scott's composition, Powerhouse. - Spies (1943 film)
- Part I, "Basel," opens with what appears to be an excerpt from the diary of Jewish novelist Nathan Zuckerman. - The Counterlife
- Patrick also overhears a dialogue excerpt that Ryan cites over the phone, which makes Patrick believe that Ryan wants to kill Marilyn. - A Dog's Breakfast
- Robert is reading an excerpt to Charlie. - Time Regained (film)
- A second excerpt from Colonel Burke's memoir details a brief encounter he had with the Master while they were both in India. - The Master of Ballantrae
- An excerpt from this episode is used in "Bad Wolf", when Rose recalls where she had encountered the phrase before. - Dalek (Doctor Who episode)
- The story ends with an excerpt of a newspaper article which reports on a mysterious die-off of fish in the lake. - The Monkey
- The novel opens with an excerpt from a diary entry from 1882 during the founding of Hyde River. - The Oath (Frank E. Peretti novel)
- The two seemingly foreign characters within the st Erkenwald excerpt above are known as the letters yogh (ȝ) and thorn (þ). - St. Erkenwald (poem)
- The game opens with John Hammond reading an excerpt from his memoirs. - Trespasser (video game)
- The executives introduce him to Alan's work by showing an excerpt from his previous documentary, The Last Road to Hell. - Cannibal Holocaust
- The last chapter of the book is another excerpt of Bellis's letter home, in which she realises how much she was being used by Doul. - The Scar
- The film ends with a haunting, melancholic excerpt from "In the Village", part of the Caucasian Sketches, Suite No. - Dreams (1990 film)
- It is an excerpt of William of Ockham from Opera Theologica in which Ockham explains his theory of intuitive cognition. - Human Nature (film)
- He plays an excerpt over the public address system, resulting in him receiving solitary confinement. - The Shawshank Redemption
Meaning of "excerpt" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "excerpt" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "excerpt" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "excerpt"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word excerpt below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.