How to use "excessive" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "excessive" in popular movie and book plots
- Episode 8 of season 1 was only aired once before it was banned from TV, due to excessive violence and disgusting humor. - Kevin Spencer (TV series)
- Captain Janeway sports a butch haircut and excessive schadenfreude. - Living Witness
- After noticing his excessive praying, Marge tells Homer that he cannot ask God to do everything for him, which he bluntly refuses to consider. - Pray Anything
- After days afloat, Kearney, a sailor who has been sent with them, tries to kill the boy because of his excessive crying. - Return to the Blue Lagoon
- Randy tries to get through the crowd, but fails early due to excessive marijuana smoke exposure. - Die Hippie, Die
- He is fired from his job as a security guard for using excessive force on an employee's ex-boyfriend and his bodyguards. - The Marine
- It could be assumed that Alex Descas has an excessive gambling problem but to him it is not a problem because of what he can roll. - Coffee and Cigarettes
- Liza is working hard to get her career going ("She Loves to Hear the Music"), in contrast to Peter's excessive lifestyle. - The Boy from Oz
- Disgusted by the excessive loss of life and Cersei's paranoia, Jaime abandons her to her fate. - A Feast for Crows
- While generally lighthearted and comical, the show's violence and descriptions of violent acts were considered excessive by some viewers. - Mighty Max (TV series)
- Willow suggests fixing the mess with a spell and Tara confronts her about her excessive use of magic. - Tabula Rasa (Buffy the Vampire Slayer)
- His health deteriorates because of a combination of excessive drinking and despair - a drawn-out form of suicide. - Devdas
- Despite Oscar's problems – careless spending, excessive gambling, a poorly kept house filled with spoiled food – he seems to enjoy life. - The Odd Couple
- Believing the excessive heat is a result of volcanic activity, Harry asks Paul to bring a team to study the peak further. - Dante's Peak
- Cameron soon begins to suspect that Cross is putting him in excessive danger. - The Stunt Man
- After a flare-up of a kidney disorder, Reed is warned to avoid excessive travel or stress, but he decides to take the same path. - Reds (film)
Meaning of "excessive" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "excessive" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "excessive" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "excessive"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word excessive below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.