How to use "excuse" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "excuse" in popular movie and book plots
- The news station creates an excuse to fire him, and Cassellis is let go. - Medium Cool
- Marlowe visits mrs Grayle, who finds him attractive and hires him, which he can use as an excuse to continue investigating the two murders. - Farewell, My Lovely
- After Tobias attempts to excuse Julia as being in hysterics, Julia reappears with a gun in her hand. - A Delicate Balance (play)
- His sister, Tabitha Bramble, is a foolish and cantankerous spinster who uses the expedition as an excuse to search for a husband. - The Expedition of Humphry Clinker
- At Clara's house, Doc tells her he is from the future, but she believes it is an excuse to end their relationship and angrily dismisses him. - Back to the Future Part III
- He appears to be killed three times during the series, but returns each time with a comic excuse for why he didn't die. - The Adventures of Brisco County, Jr.
- A sudden rain storm becomes an excuse to leave. - Gods and Monsters (film)
- Dupin left a snuff box behind as an excuse to return the next day. - The Purloined Letter
- On the day she arrives at his hut, she attempts to make an excuse that she cannot play the piano because it is out of tune. - The Piano
- This event becomes the apparent excuse for the Soviet Union to launch a nuclear strike against the United States and its allies. - Alas, Babylon
- Even Ashton, who has long ignored Mother Maria's pleas, finds an excuse to deliver some more materials. - Lilies of the Field (1963 film)
- When Carol declares they're moving again, Jim asserts that he won't let her use him as an excuse to keep running away. - Rebel Without a Cause
- Adam thinks Amanda is showing a disregard for the law, since there should never be an excuse for such behavior. - Adam's Rib
- Hitler used the 20 July Plot as an excuse to destroy anyone he feared would oppose him. - Claus von Stauffenberg
- David used the accident as an excuse to quit football because Audrey did not like the violence of the sport. - Unbreakable (film)
- Though they escape and no shots were fired in the encounter, President Clark uses it as an excuse to declare martial law. - Babylon 5
Meaning of "excuse" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "excuse" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "excuse" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "excuse"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word excuse below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.