How to use "exert" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "exert" in popular movie and book plots
- Ilaria, which is run by a similar group of immortals, wants the virus in order to exert control over the world. - Helix (TV series)
- Their mother attempts to exert a hold on her children by involving them in the family's run-down rice plantation. - This Angry Age
- The agency learns, later, Philip Morris only scheduled a meeting with SCDP to exert pricing leverage with BBDO. - Blowing Smoke (Mad Men)
- He is sure she will exert proper influence over Irwin. - A Strange Transgressor
- Jolyon Forsyte visits his doctor and is told that he has a weak heart and that he should not exert himself. - The Forsyte Saga: To Let
- The Door begins to exert a strange fascination over Seaton, and he finds that when he opens it a mysterious blue room lies beyond. - From Beyond the Grave
- As time goes on, Torg begins to exert control over Mary. - The Dark Tower (1943 film)
- He knocks the phone down with the ball and Akiba and Conan exert the right chords to dial 110, calling the cops. - Detective Conan: Full Score of Fear
- Ainslie tries to exert his influence on Mollie and Alan. - Each Man's Son
- To prove his point, Delamo calls on his well-positioned contacts to exert pressure on Troy. - Knights of the City
- Bridger knows though, if seaQuest was piloted into the heart of the well and detonated its warheads, it would exert such a force. - Higher Power (seaQuest DSV)
- The vug exert hegemony over Earth but do not occupy it as such. - The Game-Players of Titan
- Coal mining begins to exert its influence on the area, despite the two families' feuds. - The Trail of the Lonesome Pine (novel)
- She slowly realises that the attraction the two exert for her is irresistible. - Design for Living
- The Mainland once again attempts to exert control over the Lost Ground by sending in a fleet of refined Alter users under their control. - S-CRY-ed
- Its claws are not just weapons, but exert enough traction for the creature to sprint up rocky cliffs. - The Legacy of Heorot
Meaning of "exert" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "exert" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "exert" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "exert"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word exert below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.