How to use "exorbitant" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "exorbitant" in popular movie and book plots
- Anand (Akkineni), son of a Public Prosecutor Dharma Rao (Gummadi) finds his exorbitant and Casanova-like lifestyle. - Bharya Bhartalu
- Paramasivam is compelled to borrow money, at exorbitant interest, from a loan shark. - Kudumbam Oru Kadambam
- Desperate, All Star Pictures pays Ronnie an exorbitant fee to sing for the actor. - Hollywood Hotel (film)
- Soon enough, she crumbles under the exorbitant debt she runs up. - I'll Take You There (novel)
- Cunliffe discovers Whistler speaks Czech, and offers him an exorbitant salary, plus expenses. - Hot Enough for June
- Wandering among ticket scalpers, he tries to haggle but ends up paying an exorbitant price to finally gain entry. - The Traveler (1974 film)
- During this Sujata stands up and has an argument with Adiseshayya when the latter demands exorbitant amounts as dowry. - Subhalekha
- It charges exorbitant fees to send Claymores to eradicate Yoma, which many villages cannot afford to pay. - Claymore (manga)
- As an example, he tells them that when he was young, he used to collect firewood so he could sell it to rich people at exorbitant prices. - The Golden River (comics)
- Since the natives have few personal assets, they can easily afford to pay, but such an exorbitant rate would bankrupt Wembling. - Monument (novel)
- Later, Juliana offers to sell a portrait miniature of Aspern to the narrator for an exorbitant price. - The Aspern Papers
- On the way to the settlement, some of the miners show up and offer an exorbitant price for the food. - Bend of the River
- She then places an exorbitant order for room service, which leads to Danforth being arrested. - Pacific Heights (film)
- Forced to pay exorbitant prices for food and nearly starved to death, Danglars signs away his ill-gotten gains. - The Count of Monte Cristo
- The taxman demands 20,000 gulden, an exorbitant sum, but accepts a bribe of 5000 in exchange for assessing 2000 in taxes. - The House of Rothschild
- Alvin's tractor is fixed and he is presented with an exorbitant bill by the mechanics, who are twins and are constantly bickering. - The Straight Story
Meaning of "exorbitant" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "exorbitant" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "exorbitant" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "exorbitant"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word exorbitant below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.