How to use "expectation" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "expectation" in popular movie and book plots
- Liffey and Richard, a young London couple who move to the country with the expectation of having children. - Puffball (novel)
- They are being brought back with the spacefaring explorers with an expectation that they will be assimilated into their new parent culture. - Women of the Prehistoric Planet
- Philip and Alice take a flight to Amsterdam on the expectation that they will meet Lisa there, only to find she never arrived to the airport. - Alice in the Cities
- The expectation is that his father will be furious at having a newfangled Western instrument brought into his house. - The Overture
- And she finds out about Ravi that he doesn't have much expectation from his wife. - Godavari (film)
- With the expectation of inheriting a large amount of money, she decides to start a new life. - Diary of a Lost Girl
- A small US platoon of troops lands on a beach with little expectation of resistance. - Clown Virus
- The boy, Haru (Chris Farley), is raised amongst the ninja, with the expectation that he may be the one of whom the legend speaks. - Beverly Hills Ninja
- The expectation is that Jesse will ask the two brothers to join him in further robberies. - The Long Riders
- The Martians appear not to take this well, as it contradicts their religion's expectation of extinction. - A Rose for Ecclesiastes
- Count Cenci has sent two of his sons, Rocco and Cristofano, to Salamanca, Spain in the expectation that they will die of starvation. - The Cenci
- This is complicated by the fact that Frances dislikes Millie, but he is encouraged by the expectation that Andrew and Frances will soon marry. - The Red and the Green
- Simon is sent to a children's home, and Kerewin demolishes her tower, leaving with the expectation of dying within the year. - The Bone People
- The war was planned in the expectation of defeat—that was what the "Pacific Project" was all about. - Mother Earth (novelette)
- The men were raised with the expectation that they would become fishermen. - The Perfect Storm (book)
- The train continues towards the old Seneca trestle, where emergency workers are gathering in expectation of a disaster. - Runaway Train (film)
Meaning of "expectation" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "expectation" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "expectation" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "expectation"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word expectation below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.