How to use "expedient" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "expedient" in popular movie and book plots
- Clark would later learn that Lex was talking about pragmatism, about what's expedient instead of what's true. - Superman: Grounded
- Ultimately a wary truce is brokered between the two sides and Koshay, finding himself a marked man, finds it expedient to flee Vishnu. - The Animal-Cracker Plot
- Hua Wuque is righteous but naive, while Xiaoyu'er is expedient and cunning. - Juedai Shuangjiao
- Ensign Siegel defuses the situation by the simple expedient of letting the men have their weekly beer ration whenever they want. - Don't Go Near the Water (novel)
- Holmes knows that this is not true, but it is expedient to use the press to convince the culprit that this is what the investigators believe. - The Adventure of the Six Napoleons
- Sometimes, however, Judge Dee finds it expedient to go out incognito and carry out an investigation in disguise. - Celebrated Cases of Judge Dee
Meaning of "expedient" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "expedient" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "expedient" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "expedient"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word expedient below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.