How to use "expedition" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "expedition" in popular movie and book plots
- The main story concerns an expedition sent to a distant star in order to make contact with a civilization that may have been detected there. - Fiasco (novel)
- They next meet the Duc de Beaufort, on his way to Algiers for an expedition against the Barbary corsairs. - The Vicomte of Bragelonne: Ten Years Later
- The two had met previously on a hunting expedition when Mr Spottsworth was killed. - Ring for Jeeves
- They remember the story of the expedition to find the Pole. - Piglet's Big Movie
- A dropship delivers the expedition to the surface of LV-426, where they find the colony deserted. - Aliens (film)
- The expedition continues on a single, newly built, large raft. - Aguirre, the Wrath of God
- One crew member, who is from Edmonds, Washington, which the expedition visits, jumps ship to spend his last days in his home town. - On the Beach (novel)
- " Tigger's friends form an expedition to find him and convince Rabbit to lead them. - The Tigger Movie
- However, he agrees to lead an expedition in return for a share of the treasure, or a stipend for his son if he is killed along the way. - King Solomon's Mines
- A five-person expedition uses the Space Shuttle Atlantis to rendezvous with the asteroid and plant the charges. - The Dig
- Pike is a woman-shy snake expert Ophidiologist, just returning from a year-long expedition up the Amazon. - The Lady Eve
- The colony gradually recovers and an expedition is organized to survey more of Ganymede. - Farmer in the Sky
- A manned expedition is mounted to visit the planet Mars, but all contact is lost after landing. - Stranger in a Strange Land
- Geoffrey offers to return Almásy to Cairo on his plane since the expedition will break camp with the coming of war. - The English Patient
- The United States government assembles an expedition in New York City to find and destroy the monster. - Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea
- Both have functioning bases on the Moon, and the Soviets have gained the lead in sending an expedition to Mars. - The Wanderer (Leiber novel)
Meaning of "expedition" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "expedition" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "expedition" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "expedition"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word expedition below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.