How to use "expense" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "expense" in popular movie and book plots
- Now that he was poor, he says, he has the privilege of doing as he pleases, and he lives at the expense of the city. - Symposium (Xenophon)
- Matty puts his hands to the ground and manages to restore the integrity of Forest and people alike, at the expense of his own life. - Messenger (novel)
- However, this sympathy comes at the expense of their own son, Joshua, whose difficulties are ignored by his parents. - White Teeth
- Petra, discovering the expense of Karin's hotel, suggests she move in with her. - The Bitter Tears of Petra von Kant
- The family and Lincoln are pressured to save one of the brothers at the expense of the other's conviction. - Young Mr. Lincoln
- Deciding to spare no expense for their beloved children (within reason), the fathers agree to a "first class" rape. - The Fantasticks
- Cornell is freed, at the expense of his relationship with not only the now clearly insane Katie, but also his wife, and his program as well. - Shock to the System (film)
- The expense is prohibitive and Colin soon exhausts his funds. - Froth on the Daydream
- Corporations jealously guard their most valuable employees and go to great expense to keep them safe and happily productive. - New Rose Hotel
- Davus says that any unhappiness Simo might have detected was due to Simo's mean expense on the celebrations. - Andria (comedy)
- Shinnok demands that Raiden submit to him and restore their broken family, at the expense of his mortal friends. - Mortal Kombat: Annihilation
- Despite this, Yuichi is very loyal and will go to great lengths to please others, even at the expense of his own time and money. - Kanon (visual novel)
- Scene II: At Lady Sneerwell's, the scandal-mongers have great fun at the expense of friends not present. - The School for Scandal
- When Hanbei leaves to request reinforcements, Sanjuro frees the four captured samurai, at the expense of having to kill all their guards. - Sanjuro
- They stop at an inn, where the Fox and the Cat gorge themselves on food at Pinocchio's expense and ask to be awoken by midnight. - The Adventures of Pinocchio
- Humankind enters a golden age of prosperity at the expense of creativity. - Childhood's End
Meaning of "expense" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "expense" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "expense" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "expense"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word expense below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.