How to use "extend" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "extend" in popular movie and book plots
- He then summons two pieces of himself he banished away to extend his life, using his newly rediscovered power to attack Ryu, Nina and Lin. - Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter
- Minos's new abilities seem to extend beyond time travel; the scene of the king's tomb strongly implies that he rose from the grave. - The Labyrinth of Time
- Nero intends to use Clemens' riverboat to extend his dominion downriver. - Riverworld (2003 film)
- Elaine shares a cab ride with Kennedy, and she tells him that she lives Uptown near Jerry in order to extend the ride. - The Contest
- The Emperor is not totally despondent, however, as it has more plans to extend the Dalek Empire…. - The Genocide Machine
- His memory does not even extend to his time in the chess-land. - City of Golden Shadow
- After the girlfriend attempts suicide, he decides to extend his stay with his sister, which she welcomes. - You Can Count On Me
- The chief refuses to indulge in warfare and rides out to extend a hand of friendship to the American soldiers using theS. - Soldier Blue
- Hovstad and Aslaksen (the printer) stop by the house as well to reinforce their commitment to the doctor and extend their gratitude. - An Enemy of the People
- However, he believes it may be possible to extend his immunity to others by creating a serum from his own body. - The Omega Man
- In the final seconds of the game, Jordan gains the ball and manages to use cartoon physics to extend his arm and score the winning points. - Space Jam
- The Son'a developed an artificial and imperfect means to extend their lives at the cost of disfigurement. - Star Trek: Insurrection
- The Count then moves to Paris and dazzles Danglars with his wealth, persuading him to extend him a credit of six million francs. - The Count of Monte Cristo
- The tipping point comes when, due to Dorothy's popularity, the show's producers want to extend her contract for another year. - Tootsie
- This forces Smith to extend his performance, even to becoming temporary Supreme Minister and running in an election. - Double Star
- As Tyrell Corporation Nexus-6 models, they have only a four-year lifespan and may have come to Earth to try to extend their lives. - Blade Runner
Meaning of "extend" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "extend" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "extend" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "extend"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word extend below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.