How to use "extravagant" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "extravagant" in popular movie and book plots
- Peter Gusenberg also argues and fights with his moll, particularly over her extravagant spending of his money. - The St. Valentine's Day Massacre (film)
- Krusty's massive gambling debts and extravagant personal life land him in deep trouble with the Springfield Mafia. - Homie the Clown
- Known for her extravagant taste, Sheila has already cheated on Browning with several other sports figures, all of whom met bad ends. - The Killers (1964 film)
- In Venice, Marius lives the extravagant life of a respected Renaissance painter, and mentors many boys who serve as his apprentices. - The Vampire Armand
- Sarah is killed in an attempt to aid him, and Coalhouse uses the money he was saving for their wedding to pay for an extravagant funeral. - Ragtime (novel)
- Great excitement, a new extravagant home, but trouble: his flings get too overt and indiscreet and it creates tension. - De-Lovely
- As newlyweds, they travel to Europe where Nicole pays for Dick's partnership in a Swiss clinic and their extravagant lifestyle. - Tender Is the Night
- Wong), where George immediately begins complaining about the price of the extravagant wedding items. - Father of the Bride (1991 film)
- mr and mrs Gao announce they will visit from Taiwan, bringing gifts and US$30,000 to hold an extravagant wedding for their son. - The Wedding Banquet
- Noodles tries to impress Deborah on an extravagant date, and rapes her on their way home in a limousine, after which he becomes remorseful. - Once Upon a Time in America
- She sets about fattening him up with extravagant cooking. - The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie (novel)
- Sarason succeeds Windrip, but his extravagant and relatively weak rule creates a power vacuum in which Haik and others vie for power. - It Can't Happen Here
- Now extremely rich, he finds and marries Marie, and they buy an extravagant mansion. - The Jerk
- She is also unable to keep pace with Anna's fashionable dresses or Vronsky's extravagant spending on a hospital he is building. - Anna Karenina
- Crane, a Yankee and an outsider, sees marriage to Katrina as a means of procuring Van Tassel's extravagant wealth. - The Legend of Sleepy Hollow
- Socialite Edith Hardy (Ward) has extravagant tastes. - The Cheat (1915 film)
Meaning of "extravagant" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "extravagant" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "extravagant" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "extravagant"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word extravagant below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.