How to use "face" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "face" in popular movie and book plots
- Her outspoken approach stands in stark contrast to Kyoko, which helps Kyoko come face to face with her feelings for Godai. - Maison Ikkoku
- Closure and affirmation of life have finally come, and Borg's face radiates joy. - Wild Strawberries (film)
- The students realize that, even with their differences, they face similar pressures and complications in their lives. - The Breakfast Club
- After the battle, the body of a dead soldier lying face down on the beach, with "S. - Saving Private Ryan
- In the cliffhanger ending, Rimmer is left stranded alone to face Death (and promptly knees him in the groin and flees). - Red Dwarf
- At the same time, they find themselves surrounded by "manifestations" of Runciter, for example as his face appears on their money. - Ubik
- Dax lets the men enjoy a few minutes while his face hardens as he returns to his quarters. - Paths of Glory
- " Then the phonograph turns off, and a real voice speaks in a Cockney accent: "I washed me face an' 'ands before I come, I did". - My Fair Lady
- The grieving Baker flees, but is visited by his father's spirit who convinces him to face his responsibilities ("No More"). - Into the Woods
- The first ballot leaves Urquhart to face Woolton and Michael Samuels, the moderate Environment Secretary supported by Billsborough. - House of Cards (UK TV series)
- Their leader demands that the human race surrender, or face total annihilation. - Destroy All Monsters
- Giles by contrast clearly recognises the danger, and resents being sent along to face it. - Farmer Giles of Ham
- His face twitches violently around his eyes as they argue. - Young and Innocent
- Ash decapitates her with a shovel, and her headless body bleeds all over Ash's face as it tries to rape him before he escapes. - The Evil Dead
- Werner runs to his body, recoils, and quickly glances around at the destruction, his face frozen with distress. - Das Boot
- His religious convictions in the face of national athletic pride make headlines around the world. - Chariots of Fire
Meaning of "face" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "face" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "face" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "face"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word face below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.