How to use "figure" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "figure" in popular movie and book plots
- Gypo is then taken away by his former IRA comrades when they figure out it was he. - The Informer (1935 film)
- Kip suffers severe frostbite and is kept in a state of cryopreservation while the Mother Thing's people figure out how to heal him. - Have Space Suit—Will Travel
- The Queen, a figure difficult to please, introduces her trademark phrase "Off with her head. - Alice's Adventures in Wonderland
- Meanwhile, the crew continues to try to figure out where they are and whether they can return to Earth. - Starman Jones
- They figure out that The Professor must be the one who stole the paintings, and enlist the police to help find him. - Animal Crackers (1930 film)
- An unseen figure raises a gun to the back of his head, a gunshot sounds, and blood sprays on the wall. - American Beauty (1999 film)
- In 1968, Garrison meets a high-level figure in WashingtonC. - JFK (film)
- On entering the locked room, the servants find an unknown old man, stabbed in the heart, his face and figure withered and decrepit. - The Picture of Dorian Gray
- As she is showering, a shadowy female figure suddenly comes in and stabs her to death with a chef's knife. - Psycho (1960 film)
- At a diner called Winkie's, a man tells his companion about a nightmare in which he dreamt there was a horrible figure behind the diner. - Mulholland Drive (film)
- The character that Scott gave to Robin Hood in Ivanhoe helped shape the modern notion of this figure as a cheery noble outlaw. - Ivanhoe
- Elin's sister Jessica sees that she is in love and pushes her to figure out who it is. - Show Me Love (film)
- While Ash tries to figure out what to do, both Linda and Cheryl pretend to be cured, only to quickly revert to their demonic forms. - The Evil Dead
- The elevator doors open on the figure of a tall, blond woman in dark sunglasses wielding a straight razor. - Dressed to Kill (1980 film)
- The beast then takes the form of a female figure and disappears through the door without opening it. - Carmilla
- The masses are shown oppressed by a giant warlike figure who gradually fades away. - The Birth of a Nation
Meaning of "figure" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "figure" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "figure" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "figure"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word figure below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.