How to use "firm" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "firm" in popular movie and book plots
- Although the employer denies responsibility for the incident, the firm has decided to make a goodwill payment to the family of the deceased. - The Monkey's Paw
- She is working on a contract with the marketing firm Blue Ant to judge the effectiveness of a proposed corporate logo for a shoe company. - Pattern Recognition (novel)
- He tells her to take the job at the advertising firm and that they should have the baby. - Interiors
- Because he has been focusing on non-job, his work at his law firm has suffered. - Diary of a Mad Housewife
- The first book ends with Darrell and Sally being firm friends and Mary-Lou an associate. - Malory Towers
- Women, as represented by Calonice, are sly hedonists in need of firm guidance and direction. - Lysistrata
- Steven has already laid out a detailed plan to supply him with a firm alibi. - A Perfect Murder
- He too moves to New York, where he has been offered a position with the prestigious architectural firm of Francon & Heyer. - The Fountainhead
- The firm fired him and his marriage ended in divorce. - The Verdict
- Alexandra demands his return, as she believes only Rasputin can stop the bleeding attacks, but Nicholas stands firm in his decision. - Nicholas and Alexandra
- Doris quarrels with Fred when he quits his job at a prestigious law firm to defend Kris. - Miracle on 34th Street
- Aubrey Smith), who has been suspicious of Monescu all along, has stolen millions of dollars from the firm over the years. - Trouble in Paradise (film)
- Sonia is a lawyer working for the same law firm as her Jewish husband Michael. - Just Like That (novel)
- Mr Chips, as the boys call him, is conventional in his beliefs, and exercises firm discipline in the classroom. - Goodbye, Mr. Chips
- She sends her Winkie soldiers to attack them, but the Cowardly Lion stands firm to repel them. - The Wonderful Wizard of Oz
- She restates her firm belief that eighty is the proper age to die. - Harold and Maude
Meaning of "firm" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "firm" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "firm" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "firm"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word firm below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.