How to use "foot" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "foot" in popular movie and book plots
- They continue on foot across the desert, almost dying of thirst before finding the oasis shown halfway across on the map. - King Solomon's Mines
- Will explains that "a pastor's family walks a tightrope, balancing with one foot on earth and one foot already in Heaven". - One Foot in Heaven
- The dragon was at the foot of the tree on which the fleece was placed. - Golden Fleece
- The former slaves camp at the foot of Sinai and wait as Moses again ascends the mountain with Joshua. - The Ten Commandments (1956 film)
- The escapees travel on foot in blazing sun and pass out. - Spaceballs
- He leaves his apartment and sets out on foot for Tracy's. - Manhattan (film)
- The camera begins the scene in a woman's bedroom, panning across the foot of the bed. - Duck Soup (1933 film)
- His odyssey begins with a long voyage on a donkey and on foot through the impoverished towns and villages on the way to Constantinople. - America America
- Near an oil field, Menzies meets Quinlan, while being tracked on foot by Vargas, who is recording the conversation. - Touch of Evil
- I found it a large hole about a foot diameter. - Gentlemen, Be Seated!
- During the mission, Gwen is grievously wounded and Campbell loses his foot again, though the Time Corps succeed in retrieving Mike. - The Cat Who Walks Through Walls
- The police chase after her cab, until she crashes at the foot of the Kirke house. - The Magician's Nephew
- Above him is a picture of Father Time, with a razor-sharp pendulum measuring "one foot from horn to horn" suspended from it. - The Pit and the Pendulum
- Meanwhile, Cole is troubled by recurring dreams involving a foot chase and an airport shooting. - 12 Monkeys
- Luis and Julia wed in the church within hours of her setting foot in Cuba. - Original Sin (2001 film)
- Pyle improves with Joker's help, but his progress halts when Hartman discovers a contraband jelly doughnut in Pyle's foot locker. - Full Metal Jacket
Meaning of "foot" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "foot" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "foot" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "foot"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word foot below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.