How to use "front" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "front" in popular movie and book plots
- At night Neville is startled awake and finds Ruth fully clothed at the front door of the house. - I Am Legend (novel)
- As the four drink, Martha and George engage in scathing verbal abuse of each other in front of Nick and Honey. - Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?
- He defies Blackie to put her on the stage in front of the rowdy Paradise audience. - San Francisco (1936 film)
- His job as a part-time bar caterer serves as a front for his secret marijuana dealings. - American Beauty (1999 film)
- Frodo does not allow the hobbits to kill Saruman, but Gríma turns on Saruman and kills him in front of Bag End (Frodo's hobbit-hole). - The Lord of the Rings
- One of the studs trips and rapes a daughter in front of the crowd, which laughs at her cries of pain. - Salò, or the 120 Days of Sodom
- His jealousy is evident when he brutally defeats Janiro in front of the local Mob boss, Tommy Como, and Vikki. - Raging Bull
- Yutaka goes anyway and meets his brother in front of Megagamers, who has tracked Miho to the store since the previous night. - Megatokyo
- The Manxman mutters in front of the mast, and Pip declines the verb "look". - Moby-Dick
- Tired and desperate, they spread out some of the now-soaked gunpowder in front of the fire, to dry out. - Gunpowder Plot
- While Montag and Mildred are perusing the stolen books, a sniffing occurs at their front door. - Fahrenheit 451
- The lawyer mocks Block in front of for his dog-like subservience. - The Trial
- The town behind the front where George spends much of his time is referred to as M---. - Death of a Hero
- Meanwhile, Strowski silently approaches Willows House and enters through the unlocked front door. - Bride of the Monster
- A ruined cathedral remains unused, although some elderly people occasionally stand in front of it and sing incompletely remembered hymns. - The Big O
- A confrontation is averted when the group finds Dorothy—naked, battered, and distressed—on Jeffrey's front lawn. - Blue Velvet (film)
Meaning of "front" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "front" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "front" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "front"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word front below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.