How to use "generation" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "generation" in popular movie and book plots
- The younger generation adapts easily to the more traditional world. - Earth Abides
- Navy Captain Rockwell "Rock" Torrey, a divorced "second generation Navy" son of a career Chief Petty Officer. - In Harm's Way
- A new generation of dinosaurs hatches sometime later, along with Aladar and Neera's children. - Dinosaur (film)
- It was the fourth generation of Morituri who saw a real change to the process. - Strikeforce: Morituri
- Allanon returned to the world due to the presence of a new evil, and once more he needed the aid of another generation of Ohmsfords. - The Wishsong of Shannara
- Later in the episode, Kevin Dobson's character Crocker asks about the lollipop and Kojak replies, "I'm looking to close the generation gap". - Kojak
- A new generation of superheroes, led by Captain Comet, is born and Quick looks forward to "a new age, as pure as sterling silver". - The Golden Age (comics)
- The mantle of Turok is passed down every generation to the eldest male. - Turok: Dinosaur Hunter
- Garou: Mark of the Wolves takes place a generation later. - Fatal Fury (series)
- This event also sees the introduction of the more powerful Super Zeozords, which were used against a tougher generation of machines. - Power Rangers Zeo
- Every time a generation or epoch moves deeper within these realms, another follows behind them, entering the realm they have vacated. - Little, Big
- Renewed conflict breaks out after a generation of peace in this continuation of the "Mobile Suit Gundam" anime saga. - Mobile Suit Gundam F91
- One of the accepted hydropathy scales is that of Kyte and Doolittle which relies on the generation of hydropathy plots. - Hexokinase
- Duncan Makenzie is the latest generation of the 'first family' of Titan, a colonised moon of Saturn. - Imperial Earth
- But a new generation of humans born on Mars holds the promise of change. - Mars trilogy
- It will try simply to tell of a generation of men who, even though they may have escaped (its) shells, were destroyed by the war". - All Quiet on the Western Front
Meaning of "generation" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "generation" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "generation" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "generation"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word generation below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.