How to use "good" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "good" in popular movie and book plots
- He also talks strangely in other ways, but Jane is able to give as good as she gets. - Jane Eyre
- He is mollified by Adrian's good nature and his explanation that he only recently discovered the letter. - The Last Man
- Although upset at the loss of his house, Toad realises what good friends he has and how badly he has behaved. - The Wind in the Willows
- You make love as you eat with a good deal of noise and no subtlety". - Anne of the Thousand Days
- Mat (Ted Healy), Blackie's good friend at the Paradise, wisely predicts that Mary is not going to stay on the "Coast". - San Francisco (1936 film)
- Afterwards, Oberon, Titania, Puck, and other fairies enter, and bless the house and its occupants with good fortune. - A Midsummer Night's Dream
- After giving assurances of his good behavior, he is given a residence in Lilliput and becomes a favorite of the Lilliput Royal Court. - Gulliver's Travels
- Owing to their fundamentally good natures, the Dukes often wind up helping Boss Hogg out of trouble, albeit grudgingly. - The Dukes of Hazzard
- Dorian then understands that, where his life is headed, lust and good looks shall suffice. - The Picture of Dorian Gray
- Marianne quickly comes to admire his good looks and outspoken views on poetry, music, art and love. - Sense and Sensibility
- He enjoys the fast living, drug use, car chases, hot-wiring cars, and good pay. - Repo Man (film)
- The quality of image was often not as good as contemporary pen plotters. - Plotter
- Yet Queequeg suddenly rallies, briefly convalesces, and leaps up, back in good health. - Moby-Dick
- Pickering wagers that Higgins cannot make good on his claim and volunteers to pay for Eliza's lessons. - My Fair Lady
- He was described by contemporaries as "a good-looking man, about six feet tall, athletic and a good swordsman". - Gunpowder Plot
- Batman quietly expresses his sincere hope to Robin that this "mixing of minds" does more good than it does harm. - Batman (1966 film)
Meaning of "good" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "good" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "good" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "good"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word good below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.