How to use "ground" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "ground" in popular movie and book plots
- Before proceeding Ishmael lays some ground definitions for his student. - Ishmael (novel)
- Anna stands her ground and insists on the letter of her contract, threatening to leave Siam, much to the dismay of wives and children. - The King and I
- aircraft on the ground with ease, thereby preventing an effective aerial counter-attack. - Tora! Tora! Tora!
- Together, Clark and Ryan launch a raid on the cartel's command post, capturing Cortez and extracting the remaining ground team. - Clear and Present Danger
- Crane discovers that the ground is freshly disturbed and the Horseman's skull is missing. - Sleepy Hollow (film)
- Chapter Nine – The Mock Turtle's Story: The Duchess is brought to the croquet ground at Alice's request. - Alice's Adventures in Wonderland
- The village has notoriety for its magical water, as well as being a ground for darkness and demons. - Incubus (1966 film)
- When the police begin to surround Terminal City Max convinces the other transgenics to stand their ground rather than run. - Dark Angel (TV series)
- The Venusian ships are destroyed in orbit and the ground forces are routed. - Between Planets
- Laputa's custom of throwing rocks down at rebellious cities on the ground prefigures air strikes as a method of warfare. - Gulliver's Travels
- With the air cleared, the couple is finally able to find common ground in their grief. - In the Bedroom
- Kansas City, Sedalia, Missouri, and all the way south to El Dorado Springs, Missouri are blanketed with ground burst nuclear weapons. - The Day After
- McKay slowly takes aim, but Buck drops to the ground in terror and crawls behind a wagon wheel. - The Big Country
- She falls asleep atop the large totoro, but when Satsuki finds her, she is on the ground in a dense briar clearing. - My Neighbor Totoro
- Later John finds a large sinkhole has opened in the ground by a grave. - Moonfleet
- As a giant beanstalk begins to sprout from the ground next to Jack's cottage, the Baker's Wife spots Cinderella's pure gold slippers. - Into the Woods
Meaning of "ground" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "ground" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "ground" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "ground"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word ground below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.