How to use "grow" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "grow" in popular movie and book plots
- George speaks with Bert who tells him he should spend more time with his children before they grow up. - Mary Poppins (film)
- " Upon forcing Henry to help him, Pretorius will grow an artificial brain while Henry gathers the parts for the mate. - Bride of Frankenstein
- As soon as Pinocchio's nose has been carved, it begins to grow with his congenital impudence. - The Adventures of Pinocchio
- Wang Lung's sons grow up into educated young men, and he has grown so wealthy that he purchases the Great House. - The Good Earth (film)
- They grow close. - Wuthering Heights
- They hide in an asteroid field, where Han and Leia grow closer, and eventually, kiss. - The Empire Strikes Back
- Lionel and his sister grow up with no parental influence, and as a result grow to be uncivilised. - The Last Man
- Time passes and Mister's children begin to grow up and leave home. - The Color Purple
- They admit to each other that neither want nor need grow old alone, which is slowly creeping up on them; they have no more time to lose. - The Parent Trap (1961 film)
- This "sharing" has caused a pseudo-religious cult or series of cults to grow up around the layouts and the use of the drug. - The Three Stigmata of Palmer Eldritch
- One rainy night, the girls are waiting for their father's bus and grow worried when he doesn't arrive on the bus they expect him on. - My Neighbor Totoro
- They grow up and the sons go away to "serve King George on sea and land" and their daughter, too it seems, has married away. - Moonfleet
- The balloon detonates prematurely, creating a radioactive storm that causes the giant mantises to grow to enormous sizes. - Son of Godzilla
- The boarders, who initially seemed interested in Grete, grow bored with her performance, but Gregor is transfixed by it. - The Metamorphosis
- The sludge causes him to grow a pair of flipper-like arms, develop vastly increased intelligence and a thirst for global domination. - Day of the Tentacle
- Carmilla and Laura grow to be very close friends, but occasionally Carmilla's mood abruptly changes. - Carmilla
Meaning of "grow" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "grow" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "grow" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "grow"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word grow below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.