How to use "hard" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "hard" in popular movie and book plots
- So, however hard he labors to save the world, he is just going to go on defiling and spoiling it. - Ishmael (novel)
- He leaves home to find work on any sort of project, but unskilled labor is plentiful and it's hard for him to find a job. - I Am a Fugitive from a Chain Gang
- He trains hard for the fight and, for the first time, really does stay away from drinking and gambling. - The Champ (1931 film)
- The children and wives are hard at work learning English ("The Royal Bangkok Academy"). - The King and I
- O-Lan proves to be an excellent wife, hard working and uncomplaining. - The Good Earth (film)
- Many are heavily modified by cybernetics to better cope with their hard life. - Battle Angel Alita
- Although Akeem thrives on hard work and learning how commoners live, Semmi is not comfortable with living the life of a poor man. - Coming to America
- Vincent muses on this, stating "For someone who was never meant for this world, I must confess, I’m suddenly having a hard time leaving it. - Gattaca
- Meanwhile, Nicholson drives his men hard to complete the bridge on time. - The Bridge on the River Kwai
- Homer bluntly demonstrates to her how hard life with him would be. - The Best Years of Our Lives
- Neither Linda nor John are accepted by the villagers, and their life has been hard and unpleasant. - Brave New World
- However, Henry pushes too hard and Edith eventually dies of exhaustion. - Until the End of the World
- Whether this is true, is hard to know for sure, for Elizabeth did her best to never show emotion nor give into claims. - House of Tudor
- The servants lament the hard "work" Higgins does ("The Servants' Chorus"). - My Fair Lady
- Phyllis begins wondering at her younger self, who worked so hard to become the socialite that Ben needed. - Follies
- This loses Barry all the wealthy and powerful friends he has worked so hard to entreat and he is cast out of polite society. - Barry Lyndon
Meaning of "hard" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "hard" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "hard" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "hard"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word hard below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.