How to use "heat" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "heat" in popular movie and book plots
- The narrator gets into an argument with a clerk at the hotel after complaining about the lack of heat in his room. - Autobiography of a Brown Buffalo
- Believing the excessive heat is a result of volcanic activity, Harry asks Paul to bring a team to study the peak further. - Dante's Peak
- However, they do recover the alien pilot from the ancient ice, which the researchers believe was searching for heat when it was frozen. - Who Goes There?
- Thousands of workers are building the Uganda Railway, Africa's first railroad, and intense heat and sickness make it a formidable task. - Bwana Devil
- Dutch realizes that mud covering his body is masking his heat signature from the creature's thermal sensor. - Predator (film)
- The snowman melts under the heat of the sun. - Der Schneemann
- Upon returning to Earth, the empty spacecraft burns up due to a faulty heat shield during re-entry. - Capricorn One
- When Horn is shocked to see September 1961 showing on the wall calendar, the couple assumes the desert heat has made him mentally unstable. - A Hundred Yards Over the Rim
- As they release Aquarius and re-enter the Earth's atmosphere, no one is sure that Odysseys heat shield is intact. - Apollo 13 (film)
- They try de-icing the buried craft with thermite heat bombs, but only ignite its metal alloy, causing an explosion that destroys the saucer. - The Thing from Another World
- During a powerful heat wave, he watches his neighbors, who keep their windows open to stay cool. - Rear Window
- The oppressive heat slows McTeague's progress. - Greed (film)
- During the day, the heat and tensions begin to rise. - Do the Right Thing
- However, he kisses her passionately, and in the heat of the moment she agrees to marry him. - Gone with the Wind (novel)
- The fight ends after Godzilla fires his atomic heat ray inside Biollante's mouth. - Godzilla vs. Biollante
- While boarding the boat to Paris for the Olympics, Liddell learns the news that the heat for his 100-metre race will be on a Sunday. - Chariots of Fire
Meaning of "heat" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "heat" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "heat" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "heat"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word heat below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.