How to use "heavy" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "heavy" in popular movie and book plots
- Again there are heavy casualties on both sides, before theS. - Heaven's Gate (film)
- In the morning the squad awakes to a heavy winter storm. - Battleground (film)
- Later, Thorwald ties a large trunk with heavy rope and has moving men haul it away. - Rear Window
- The Federation defeats the alien invaders but has sustained heavy casualties and its influence in the galaxy is considerably reduced. - Blake's 7
- Along the road, the Walkers learn that one of their number, Scramm — initially the heavy odds-on favorite to win the Walk — is married. - The Long Walk
- Thus the siege is broken, but at heavy cost: many warriors of Gondor and Rohan fall, among them King Théoden. - The Return of the King
- Despite heavy resistance, the Walkers destroy the base's shield generator and force the Rebels to retreat. - The Empire Strikes Back
- In the ensuing battle, the Rebels suffer heavy losses after several unsuccessful attack runs, leaving Luke as one of the few surviving pilots. - Star Wars (film)
- Max pays heavy fines for breaking their regulations, but becomes a member of the Astrogators Guild. - Starman Jones
- The Soviets hold the Marienborn corridor and inflict heavy casualties on NATO troops. - The Day After
- Calvera and his bandits arrive, sustain heavy losses in a shootout with the seven and the villagers, and are run out of town. - The Magnificent Seven
- At the movie Mary and Steve dance but as they are about to kiss a heavy downpour forces them to run for cover. - The Wedding Planner
- A news report reveals that, only a gunshot or heavy blow to the head can stop them, aside from setting the "reactivated bodies" on fire. - Night of the Living Dead
- Although they inflict heavy casualties on the Germans, most of the paratroopers, along with Jackson, Mellish, and Horvath, are killed. - Saving Private Ryan
- After heavy flooding on the river, the two find a raft (which they keep) as well as an entire house floating on the river. - Adventures of Huckleberry Finn
- The boat sustains heavy damage, but is eventually able to safely surface in darkness. - Das Boot
Meaning of "heavy" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "heavy" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "heavy" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "heavy"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word heavy below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.