How to use "high" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "high" in popular movie and book plots
- Willie Conway goes home for his high school class reunion in Knights Ridge, Massachusetts. - Beautiful Girls (film)
- U-571, hiding at below , is damaged by the high water pressure. - U-571 (film)
- Central Daylight Time, when a large-yield nuclear weapon air bursts at high altitude over Kansas City, Missouri. - The Day After
- Rod Walker is a high school student who dreams of becoming a professional colonist. - Tunnel in the Sky
- Later, while cruising around in the car, The Dude finds the homework assignment of a high school student named Larry inside. - The Big Lebowski
- Brad and Janet's old high school science teacher, dr Everett Scott, has come looking for his nephew, Eddie. - The Rocky Horror Picture Show
- Osama bin Laden held Hazmi and Mihdhar in high respect, with their experience fighting during the 1990s in Bosnia and elsewhere. - Nawaf al-Hazmi
- Ashan is a high fantasy setting with no place for science fiction elements in its lore. - Might and Magic
- A dark-haired woman is the sole survivor of a car accident on Mulholland Drive, a winding road high in the Hollywood Hills. - Mulholland Drive (film)
- Ann is whisked away to a hotel room on a high floor, but Kong, scaling the building, soon finds her. - King Kong (1933 film)
- The jury found all the defendants guilty, and the Lord Chief Justice Sir John Popham found them guilty of high treason. - Guy Fawkes
- The casualty rate among officers is particularly high at the front. - Death of a Hero
- The unraveling of the Fremen conspiracy reveals that Korba, a former Fedaykin and now high priest of Paul's church, is among Paul's enemies. - Dune Messiah
- Carrie's husband and their many children enter to fetch her—the family must get ready for the high school graduation later that day. - Carousel (musical)
- In London, Wallace is brought before an English magistrate, tried for high treason, and condemned to public torture and beheading. - Braveheart
- The S-Mart ending was shot for the American release; the studio wanted to end the film on a high note for the character of Ash. - Army of Darkness
Meaning of "high" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "high" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "high" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "high"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word high below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.