How to use "hundred" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "hundred" in popular movie and book plots
- Introduced to them as a new devotee, Strepsiades begs them to make him the best orator in Greece by a hundred miles. - The Clouds
- Using a threatened divorce to lure Michel to Nicole's apartment building in a town several hundred kilometers away, Christina sedates him. - Les Diaboliques (film)
- He is told by the men that a nuclear war destroyed much of the Earth in 1985, and that it has taken over two hundred years to recover from it. - Elegy (The Twilight Zone)
- One hundred and thirty children followed him out of town and into a cave and were never seen again. - Pied Piper of Hamelin
- As usual, he asks how many survivors of the Creedish faith there are remaining, and she tells him, "One hundred and fifty-seven survivors. - Survivor (Palahniuk novel)
- Space Channel 5 takes place five hundred years in the future, where interstellar television stations fight for ratings. - Space Channel 5
- Fearing his wrath, Ubermann uses the machine on himself, feeding it one hundred beads. - Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis
- The two share a drink in the same tavern every hundred years. - The Sandman: The Doll's House
- One hundred teenage boys participate in an annual walking contest called "The Long Walk" or just "The Walk". - The Long Walk
- Teach a hundred what I've taught you, and inspire each of them to teach a hundred. - Ishmael (novel)
- The Spacer worlds are rich, have low population density (average population of one hundred million each), and use robot labor heavily. - The Caves of Steel
- Intrigued, Gekko tells Bud he will think about it, but also that he "[looks] at a hundred deals a day," but "[chooses] one". - Wall Street (1987 film)
- Lessa travels four hundred turns into the past to bring the five 'missing' Weyrs forward to her present. - Dragonflight
- He tries to measure the cell again, and finds that the perimeter measures one hundred steps. - The Pit and the Pendulum
- Marlow, still some two hundred miles to go, now takes passage on a little sea-going steamer captained by a Swede. - Heart of Darkness
- The men must bid for a dance with a lady, and Rhett bids "one hundred fifty dollars-in gold" for a dance with Scarlett. - Gone with the Wind (novel)
Meaning of "hundred" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "hundred" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "hundred" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "hundred"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word hundred below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.