How to use "important" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "important" in popular movie and book plots
- Aged emissary Hitu arrives by Western sailing ship to the island of Bora Bora, a small island in the South Pacific, on an important mission. - Tabu: A Story of the South Seas
- The most important substance in the empire is the drug known as melange or "the spice". - Dune (film)
- If they remembered, they would see that in their children as being more important than any racial problem. - Guess Who's Coming to Dinner
- Bridget's parents live outside of the city, and while they play a lesser role than her friends, they are important figures in Bridget's life. - Bridget Jones's Diary
- Cole and Campbell discover that Deverell's stepson Johnny (Johnny Strong) knows some important information. - The Glimmer Man
- To do so, they at the Scarrens’ most important base, Katratzi, claiming to want to sell the tech to the highest bidder. - Farscape
- The geographer is much too important to go loafing about. - The Little Prince
- Chang begins to question the passengers, looking for someone important enough to exchange for his valued aide. - Shanghai Express (film)
- Kim obtains maps, papers and other important items from the Russians working to undermine British control of the region. - Kim (novel)
- The most important quality to achieving an "interesting life" is deemed to be a subversive attitude towards the status quo. - The Diamond Age
- Isobel and her father (who is an important member of the rebels) are safe at the very base where Harvey is taken. - Between Planets
- Back in Tijuana, Flores, under torture, gives Salazar the names of important members of the Obregón cartel, who are arrested. - Traffic (2000 film)
- At the toilet, the second most important star of the show, Harry (a hare), is suffering from a mystery disease. - Meet the Feebles
- Adam and Camilla prepare to make an important announcement, and dissolve into laughter and then kiss while Diane watches, crying. - Mulholland Drive (film)
- The lawyer says that his most important task is to deal with powerful court officials behind the scenes. - The Trial
- They adopt the Seven Commandments of Animalism, the most important of which is, "All animals are equal". - Animal Farm
Meaning of "important" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "important" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "important" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "important"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word important below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.