How to use "increase" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "increase" in popular movie and book plots
- He cited an increase in the frequency of famines, wars and earthquakes, as key events leading up to the end of the world. - The Late, Great Planet Earth
- begins to grow and the shop's revenues increase due to the curious customers who are lured in to see the plant. - The Little Shop of Horrors
- The increase in terror attacks helps their security firm land a contract during the Olympic Games in Sydney, Australia. - Rainbow Six (novel)
- Gadsby becomes mayor and helps increase Branton Hills' population from 2,000 to 60,000. - Gadsby (novel)
- Soon, Frank's cons increase and he even impersonates an airline pilot. - Catch Me If You Can
- If Gabriel does not increase in strength, he will be "released from the Community," also in common speech termed being taken Elsewhere. - The Giver
- She wants a written contract with a huge salary increase and half the profits from the entire run of the play. - Morning Glory (1933 film)
- He decides to sue Belvedere, who is pleased, as he expects the action to increase already skyrocketing sales of his book. - Sitting Pretty (1948 film)
- This improvised plan is considerably more dangerous because the men must increase their proximity to the explosion. - For Whom the Bell Tolls
- The following day, he gives Cratchit a pay increase and becomes like another father to Tiny Tim. - A Christmas Carol
- To increase her profit, she becomes involved with a crime syndicate with ties to both prostitution and drug-trafficking. - I, the Jury
- The residents of the new warren are simply using Hazel and the others to increase their own odds of survival. - Watership Down
- His notability and fame increase and he is eventually promoted to First Minister to the Emperor. - Foundation series
- Work hard, increase production, prevent accidents and be happy". - THX 1138
- Though Himmler was embarrassed by his failure to uncover the plot, it led to an increase in his powers and authority. - Heinrich Himmler
- In 1988, following a 400% increase in crime, the United States Government has turned Manhattan into a giant maximum-security prison. - Escape from New York
Meaning of "increase" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "increase" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "increase" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "increase"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word increase below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.