How to use "indeed" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "indeed" in popular movie and book plots
- But behind his back Donald reveals to his nephews that Scrooge had indeed taken the pills and practically offered this gold to Goldie. - Back to the Klondike
- Cameron does indeed win the award and, in his acceptance speech, thanks Howard, adding, "…and he's gay". - In & Out (film)
- Jud tells her that everyone on that road is indeed dead—including her. - The Passersby
- To his dismay, he realizes that the previous owner was indeed being truthful, as he himself must now be. - The Whole Truth (The Twilight Zone)
- Christine deliberately taunts that she has indeed become Brant's mistress. - Mourning Becomes Electra
- Jolson is reluctant, fearing he'll be recognized, and the bandleader indeed does introduce him as he sits at the table with the others. - The Jolson Story
- Leonard acts on this advice in good faith, but finds himself in a far worse position; indeed he is unable to find any employment. - Howards End (film)
- However, Puyi proves to the boy that he was indeed the Son of Heaven, proceeding to approach the throne. - The Last Emperor
- Billy Jack does indeed try to force himself on Doretta, whereupon Brennan overpowers him and shoots him dead. - The Tall T
- Bobby tries to persuade Catherine to go away with him, but she declines, believing he does not love himself, or indeed anything at all. - Five Easy Pieces
- Dean was surprised, and Milligan shut up – but Dean guessed that someone else at Pym's was indeed involved. - Murder Must Advertise
- Talbot confesses to Chick that he is indeed the Wolf Man. - Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein
- They only know to wait at a tree, and there is indeed a leafless one nearby. - Waiting for Godot
- Before his death Chris comforts him by saying there was indeed a fortune hidden in the village. - The Magnificent Seven
- In the morning, the tree is gone, but the seeds have indeed sprouted; it is left unclear whether or not the girls were dreaming. - My Neighbor Totoro
- He has been waiting for them, and he offers little resistance – indeed the two men take direction from as they walk through town. - The Trial
Meaning of "indeed" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "indeed" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "indeed" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "indeed"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word indeed below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.