How to use "indolent" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "indolent" in popular movie and book plots
- Returning home, Yancy's life is complicated by the reappearance of Bonnie Witt/Plover Chase, who left her husband and traveled back to Oklahoma to "re-connect" with her teenage lover, Cody, now an indolent 30-year-old dimwit. - Bad Monkey (novel)
- Two twenty-something expatriates (Wilson Bethel and James Jagger) spending an indolent summer in Buenos Aires meet a beautiful American girl (Sophie Auster) who reveals a stash of illicit money hidden at her Argentine boyfriend’s (Mariano Martinez) apartment. - Stealing Summers
- Stuck in a loveless marriage, So-hyun wants to have an affair with Dal-soo, while indolent chaebol Tae-joon gradually finds himself attracted to Ji-ae. - Queen of Housewives
- Eva (Maduro) works as a seamstress in a sweatshop where she dreams to become a fashion designer and own a room to marry her longtime partner Angel (Almirante) an indolent yet charming islander. - Habana Eva
- She is horrified to find out how indolent and scheming her staff are, and - with more than a hint of Margaret Thatcher about her mannerisms - sets out turn the Consulate around. - Farrington of the F.O.
- Edward Bromberg), the indolent heir of his father, Mohammed Ali (Maurice Moskovitch), the Viceroy (ruler) of Egypt. - Suez (film)
- The members of the commune are seemingly aimless, indolent or melancholy while waiting for the world to end; one member (Gillian Spencer) lives her life in a burlap sack, with only her bare feet protruding. - What's So Bad About Feeling Good?
- It has been revealed that he has moved back north of 8 Mile Road to the rundown trailer home in Warren of his alcoholic, co-dependent mother Stephanie (Kim Basinger), his little sister Lily (Chloe Greenfield), and Stephanie's indolent semi-live-in boyfriend Greg (Michael Shannon). - 8 Mile (film)
- To further this end, she brings the family from their country home to London and introduces herself to a distant relation, the selfish and indolent Marquis of Alverstoke, asking him to sponsor her sister into "the ton" and the subsequent Season. - Frederica (novel)
- The town consists of three classes: the Lords, the ruling class, who live in a separate area of the town; the kinless, essentially a slave class forbidden to carry weapons, descendants of a people conquered by the allied ancestors of the Lords and the Lordkin; and the Lordkin, proud, uneducated, undisciplined and indolent knife fighters organised into street gangs, who live by "gathering" whatever they wish from the kinless. - The Burning City
- Bill is indolent and insinuating and at the village cricket match he catches Anne's eye. - Separate Lies
- Dame Isabel’s indolent and aptly named nephew Roger Wool (one of a long line of Vancian put-upon nephews) tags along also, smuggling his new girlfriend Madoc Roswyn, who claims to be a simple girl from Merioneth in Wales, aboard the ship as a stowaway. - Space Opera (novel)
- In the absence of the Federator, who rules over the three-planet Federation, his indolent son Lon is to have a major role in the celebration, supported by his mother the Lady Tanha and the archaeologist Ambril, who is an expert in the Sumaran period. - Snakedance
- The new Governor, Sir Richard (Cecil Parker), arrives with his charming and cheery but indolent nephew, the Honorable Charles Adare (Michael Wilding). - Under Capricorn
- Sandow is jolted from his wealthy, indolent lifestyle by a series of messages, each accompanied by a picture of one of a number of people once important to him, and all dead for many years. - Isle of the Dead (Zelazny novel)
- Charles is a spoilt and indolent young man who is having an affair with an older woman. - Eugénie Grandet
- It is her thesis that the superabundance of robotic labor has caused humans to become indolent and nearly incompetent at accomplishing even trivial tasks. - Isaac Asimov's Caliban
- His second wife is the indolent Brenda, decades his junior, suspected of having a clandestine love affair with the grandchildren's tutor. - Crooked House
Example sentences for "indolent" in interesting articles
- it's all about the information! - Cosmos, Sneakers, 1992 winter • May 21, 2013 7:13 AM "It is the common fate of the indolent to see their rights become a prey to the active. - Surveillance and the Internet of Things
- These are harms that ought to be avoided.To be fair, it is asking a lot of a screening programme to tell the difference between an indolent cancer that will not progress and an aggressive one. - Is Preventive Medicine Its Own Health Risk?
- A recent review concludes that, depending on the organ involved, anywhere from fifteen to seventy-five per cent of cancers found are indolent tumors—turtles—that have stopped growing or are growing too slowly to be life-threatening. - Unnecessary medical care is harming patients physically and financially
Meaning of "indolent" in English
- (of tumors, e.g.) slow to heal or develop and usually painless
- leprosy is an indolent infectious disease
- disinclined to work or exertion
- an indolent hanger-on
- too lazy to wash the dishes
- shiftless idle youth
- slothful employees
- the unemployed are not necessarily work-shy
Meaning of "indolent" in Hindi
- आलसी ( Aalasi, aalasee)
- निष्क्रिय ( Nishkriy)
- अकर्मण्य ( Akarmany)
Synonyms of "indolent"
- work shy
Discuss anything about the word indolent below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.