How to use "insularity" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "insularity" in popular movie and book plots
- As an outsider, she has difficulty adjusting to the insularity and unfamiliar values and practices of kibbutz society. - Boy Meets Girl (1982 film)
- In an indictment on small town life, he points out the city's arrogant insularity and refusal to acknowledge the darker elements of the past. - A Short Guide to the City
- In a town highly suspicious of the government and of outsiders in general, the arrival of a charismatic figure from the desert—Oyster—occasions an intensification of the town's insularity and repression of dissident voices. - Oyster (novel)
- Chapter Two is a description of the dogged insularity of the Manx, who he compares to the Falkland Islanders, whilst the Isle of Man becomes a metaphor for the insularity of the larger island on which he himself had been brought up and lived up till this point. - Coasting (book)
Example sentences for "insularity" in interesting articles
- Rather, it’s the quality of the work I do on the course (which is to say, the level of my marks) and, as I make my way towards a doctorate, the contribution I make to my tiny, somewhat esoteric field.Yet such insularity seems at odds with the rhetoric of the American educational institution. - Why Are American Colleges Obsessed With 'Leadership'?
- Now the chief of staff of a White House known for its insularity was again turning inward, looking to an Obama intimate who had no involvement in the creation of the health care website for what Mr. - Inside the race to rescue a health site, and Obama
- I'd love to work out the average distance of friends for each city, and then use that as a measure of insularity for instance. - The social graph of the whole US
- The worry is that such insularity will promote extremism and the reinforcement of ill-founded opinions, while also preventing citizens of a democracy from recognizing their shared interests and experiences (Sunstein 2008). - Social Networking and Ethics (2015)
Meaning of "insularity" in English
- the state of being isolated or detached
Meaning of "insularity" in Hindi
- जल से घिरावट
Synonyms of "insularity"
Discuss anything about the word insularity below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.