How to use "jibe" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "jibe" in popular movie and book plots
- With the Nazi collaborator Zednicek winding up the disciplinary hearing, dismissing the Czech people as "nothing but laughing hyenas" (a phrase actually employed by the senior Nazi official Reinhard Heydrich), the implicit retort to his jibe comes in the form of a huge series of explosions that destroys the train. - Closely Watched Trains
- After the film is shown, Bo goes to meet the press out front by himself, where he takes a paparazzi's jibe at him in his stride. - Paparazzi (2004 film)
- The gift turns out to be tennis balls, a jibe at Henry's youth and inexperience. - Henry V (1944 film)
Example sentences for "jibe" in interesting articles
- They'll probably compromise your ability to ship without things being perfect, further delaying your ability to test your product's viability. Ethics that don't jibe with yours "we'll just buy a bunch of followers on twitter" It's unlikely the non-technical founder will suggest something outlandishly unethical (like "let's use our users' credit cards to make company purchases"). - Warning signs in a non-technical cofounder (can you spot them?)
- The council found that it took 23.4 percent longer for the over-40 workers to find work after losing their jobs, and that they had to take an average pay cut of 13.7 percent on the new job.Why do the employers prefer to hire the new or recent grads? Is it really because only they have the latest skill sets? That argument doesn’t jibe with the fact that young ones learned those modern skills from old guys like me. - Software Engineers Will Work One Day For English Majors
- That doesn’t seem to jibe with ComputerCOP’s online footprint. - ComputerCOP: Dubious 'Internet Safety Software' Police Distributed to Families
- Jingles did not jibe with this new aesthetic. - What Killed the Jingle?
- But it doesn't jibe with an even more shocking reality: that half of pregnancies in the United States are unintended. - Not Wanting Kids Is Entirely Normal
Meaning of "jibe" in English
- an aggressive remark directed at a person like a missile and intended to have a telling effect
- she threw shafts of sarcasm
- she takes a dig at me every chance she gets
- shift from one side of the ship to the other
- be compatible, similar or consistent; coincide in their characteristics
- The handwriting checks with the signature on the check
- The suspect's fingerprints don't match those on the gun
Meaning of "jibe" in Hindi
- ताना ( Tana, tanaa)
- ताना मारना ( Tana marana, tanaa maaranaa)
- मेल खाना ( Mel khana, mel khanaa)
- मेल खाना
- हँसी उड़ाना ( Hansi udana, hansee udanaa)
Synonyms of "jibe"
- change course
Antonyms of "jibe"
Discuss anything about the word jibe below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.