How to use "land" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "land" in popular movie and book plots
- The three travel together, finding all land routes blockaded by the upheavals caused by the meteorite's fall. - Final Fantasy V
- Several locations on the parallel world of Terra and the dream land of Memoria round out the game's areas. - Final Fantasy IX
- Narrowly escaping the ship's destruction, Kyle and Jan use an escape pod to land on Yavin IV. - Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast
- Bishop Stone, Ethos' leader, reveals to the party Ethos's true purpose of controlling the land dwellers, or "Lambs", for Solaris. - Xenogears
- Claire and Sam are forced to land the plane when the engine quits. - Until the End of the World
- He bids them farewell and says that only the villagers have really won: "You're like the wind, blowing over the land and. - The Magnificent Seven
- On the morning of June 6, 1944, the beginning of the Normandy Invasion, American soldiers prepare to land on Omaha Beach. - Saving Private Ryan
- Dax leads the first wave of soldiers over the top into no man's land under heavy fire, but the attack is a failure. - Paths of Glory
- Elzevir is bent on vengeance for his son by killing Maskew, and while the rest land the cargo and leave, he and John keep watch over Maskew. - Moonfleet
- There, as American forces land and engage the Japanese forces commanded by Shindo, the dinosaur attacks and kills the American soldiers. - Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah
- Ash and his Oldsmobile land in the year 1300 AD. - Evil Dead II
- In June 1580 he purchased a tenement and seven acres of land near Aldgate in London from the Italian merchant Benedict Spinola for £2,500. - Edward de Vere, 17th Earl of Oxford
- Lucilla is forced to land on Gammu where she seeks refuge with an underground group of Jews. - Chapterhouse: Dune
- As Batman descends on the bat-ladder to land on the yacht it suddenly vanishes beneath him. - Batman (1966 film)
- Years later, Longshanks grants his noblemen land and privileges in Scotland, including Prima Nocte. - Braveheart
- Only pitifully small pieces of land are gained, about the size of a football field, which are often lost again later. - All Quiet on the Western Front
Meaning of "land" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "land" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "land" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "land"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word land below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.