How to use "late" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "late" in popular movie and book plots
- He returns late at night, and as O’Malley puts the older priest to bed, the two begin to bond. - Going My Way
- Bagheera is the product of her late father's genetic research into intelligence. - The Shockwave Rider
- In the late 1990s, an elderly World War II veteran and his family visit the Normandy American Cemetery and Memorial in Normandy, France. - Saving Private Ryan
- Picard fails to talk Soran out of his plan and is too late to stop him from launching his missile. - Star Trek Generations
- The action takes place in two periods — World War II and the late 1990s, during the Internet boom and Asian financial crisis. - Cryptonomicon
- In late 1999 the NSA informed the CIA of an upcoming meeting in Malaysia, which Hada mentioned would involve "Khalid", "Nawaf", and "Salem". - Nawaf al-Hazmi
- Betty locks eyes with Adam, but she flees before she can meet him, saying that she is late to meet a friend. - Mulholland Drive (film)
- The two men returned to England late in April 1604, telling Catesby that Spanish support was unlikely. - Gunpowder Plot
- She is concerned for Gregor because he is late for work, which is unorthodox for him. - The Metamorphosis
- Billy returns for Julie as the departing Carrie warns that staying out late means the loss of Julie's job. - Carousel (musical)
- He dies in her arms as Jen returns, too late to save him. - Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
- Thompson goes to the private archive of the late banker Walter Parks Thatcher. - Citizen Kane
- By late evening, Craig and his partner return to the swamp and discover Strowski's abandoned car. - Bride of the Monster
- The series begins in the late 2032, seven years after the Second Great Kanto Earthquake has split Tokyo geographically and culturally in two. - Bubblegum Crisis
- By late January the plague is in full retreat, and the townspeople begin to celebrate the imminent opening of the town gates. - The Plague
- Alex collapses at the door of an isolated cottage, realising too late that it is the one he and his droogs invaded in Part 1. - A Clockwork Orange (novel)
Meaning of "late" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "late" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "late" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "late"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word late below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.