How to use "lay" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "lay" in popular movie and book plots
- Jesus' followers slowly and reverently take down the body and lay it before his mother in a replica of the Pieta. - Oberammergau Passion Play
- He drives Freddie's body to a remote area in the woods and proceeds to lay her to rest. - Feeling Minnesota
- Spock's katra and body are needed to lay him to rest on his homeworld, Vulcan, and without help, McCoy will die from carrying the katra. - Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
- Interaction is unnecessary as the grendels continually lay their unfertilized eggs in the water for the samlon to fertilize. - The Legacy of Heorot
- Airk's army, Willow, and the others arrive at Nockmaar to lay siege, but Bavmorda turns the soldiers into pigs. - Willow (film)
- The principals are taking a risk that she'll contain her artistic temperament and lay off the bottle. - Morning Glory (1933 film)
- In the Chocolate Eggs Room, Wonka uses geese to lay golden eggs. - Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory
- Rooster and La Boeuf lay a trap. - True Grit (1969 film)
- While Hamelin travels to Constantinople to lay the groundwork for their enterprise, the Banque Universelle goes from strength to strength. - L'Argent
- The first time I lay eyes on you again, I'll pinch you. - Safety Last!
- Gandalf, Aragorn and the other Captains of the West lead an army to the Black Gate of Mordor and lay siege to Sauron's army. - The Return of the King
- He lay down on the grass and wept, until a fox came along. - The Little Prince
- There, Kain and Cecil watch in horror as monsters burst forth from inside the ring and lay waste to the village. - Final Fantasy IV
- As Robot forces lay siege to the factory, Helena reveals she has burned the formula necessary to make new robots. - R.U.R.
- The pilgrims carry Kurtz to the steamer and lay him in one of the cabins, where he and the manager have a private conversation. - Heart of Darkness
- In response, Robert's brothers Stannis and Renly both lay separate claims to the throne. - A Song of Ice and Fire
Meaning of "lay" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "lay" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "lay" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "lay"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word lay below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.