How to use "leave" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "leave" in popular movie and book plots
- Her father agrees, wishing Gregor could understand them and would leave of his own accord. - The Metamorphosis
- Titorelli has leave through a small back door, as the girls are blocking the door through which entered. - The Trial
- Maggie refuses to leave him, and stands defiantly in the middle of the road, shooting at the Duke's car until he runs her down, killing her. - Escape from New York
- They decide to leave their marriage open. - Death of a Hero
- Hours later, Kate awakens and decides to discreetly leave while the man, Warren Lockman (Ken Baker), is asleep. - Dressed to Kill (1980 film)
- She arranges to leave her daughter with Laura and her father until she can return in three months. - Carmilla
- At night, a desert bandit named Lo (Chang Chen) breaks into Jen's bedroom and asks her to leave with him. - Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
- They leave the swamp to rush to "a coffee joint about ten miles back". - Bride of the Monster
- Usually in the beginning of the story there is an emotional loss which makes the protagonist leave on his journey. - Bildungsroman
- This causes her immense emotional anguish, and she chooses to leave Babylon 5 for another posting in EarthForce. - Babylon 5
- The duo quietly leave United World Headquarters by climbing out of the window. - Batman (1966 film)
- When Pike realizes there is something wrong with Benny and that he is no longer safe, he decides to leave town. - Buffy the Vampire Slayer (film)
- A black sheriff, he reasons, will offend the townspeople, create chaos, and leave the town at his mercy. - Blazing Saddles
- Deckard and Rachael quickly leave the apartment block. - Blade Runner
- One day, Senex and Domina go on a trip and leave Pseudolus in charge of Hero. - A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum
- Paul's visit on leave to his home highlights the cost of the war on his psyche. - All Quiet on the Western Front
Meaning of "leave" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "leave" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "leave" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "leave"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word leave below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.