How to use "let" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "let" in popular movie and book plots
- Sister Husband arrives and offers to let Novalee and the baby live with her. - Where the Heart Is (2000 film)
- Alphonso refuses to let Nettie marry, instead arranging for Mister to marry Celie. - The Color Purple
- Terry flees to Edie's apartment, where she first refuses to let him in but finally admits her love for him. - On the Waterfront
- But he knows that Nemo would never let him escape, so he has to avoid meeting him. - Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea
- She never let anyone challenge her authority as queen, even though many people, who felt she was weak and should be married, tried to do so. - House of Tudor
- She sadly replies that she respects Fran too much to let anything happen between them and sends Steve away. - The Wedding Planner
- Surgeons performed a colostomy, temporarily rerouting the upper part of the large intestine to let the damaged lower part heal. - Pope John Paul II
- Arthur encounters the Black Knight, who will not let them pass. - Monty Python and the Holy Grail
- When Kong notices and starts pulling them back up, they let go and fall unharmed into the water below. - King Kong (1933 film)
- The JSDF decides not to pursue Kong but, rather, let him return home. - King Kong vs. Godzilla
- Gregor also learns that his mother wants to visit him, but his sister and father will not let her. - The Metamorphosis
- Turgidson attempts to convince Muffley to let the attack continue, but Muffley refuses to be party to a nuclear first strike. - Dr. Strangelove
- Bruce offers to let Nygma come up with schematics for the device and set up a meeting with his assistant. - Batman Forever
- Alfred is eventually healed and everyone agrees to let Barbara stay at Wayne Manor. - Batman & Robin (film)
- Vicki suddenly appears in the Batcave, having been let in by Bruce's butler, Alfred Pennyworth. - Batman (1989 film)
- She appears at the rock with all forty-nine of the inmates, or “Cookies” in tow, intending to let them take some of the water. - Anyone Can Whistle
Meaning of "let" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "let" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "let" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "let"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word let below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.