How to use "light" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "light" in popular movie and book plots
- After months of confinement, the sisters reach out to the boys across the street by using light signals and sending anonymous notes. - The Virgin Suicides
- She heads underground to the labyrinth, and is horrified to find Kossil uncovering the false grave, and using a light to desecrate the tombs. - The Tombs of Atuan
- Still, the pious Willa believes he married her to show her God's light rather than to gain access to the money. - The Night of the Hunter (film)
- Hunt recruits the salvage crew to join him in an attempt to restore the Systems Commonwealth and "rekindle the light of civilization". - Andromeda (TV series)
- The henchmen depart as Pretorius stays to enjoy a light supper. - Bride of Frankenstein
- The aliens assault the basement door and in the subsequent chaos the light goes out as Graham and Merrill prevent their entry. - Signs (film)
- (a light disguise for Bensons, where Sayers worked) to investigate a mystery and avert a scandal. - Murder Must Advertise
- They were once again awoken during the period incident which caused her to unknowingly shatter the light bulb. - Carrie (novel)
- He is flying into the rainbow — into the light of hope, into the future, the glorious future that belongs to you, to me, and to all of us. - The Great Dictator
- As Butch waits at a traffic light in his car, Marsellus walks by, recognizes him, and chases him into a pawnshop. - Pulp Fiction
- Afterward, Scott tells Louise in light of his predicament, she is free to leave him. - The Incredible Shrinking Man
- Palutena bestowed the people with light to make them happy. - Kid Icarus
- He was to light the fuse and then escape across the Thames. - Guy Fawkes
- Harriet is forced to re-examine her relationship with Wimsey in the light of what she has discovered about herself. - Gaudy Night
- The woman refuses to leave her house and her books, choosing instead to light a match and burn herself alive. - Fahrenheit 451
- They narrowly escape with only light damage. - Das Boot
Meaning of "light" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "light" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "light" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "light"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word light below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.