How to use "like" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "like" in popular movie and book plots
- Another day, the victims are forced to act like dogs. - Salò, or the 120 Days of Sodom
- Julia alights from the ship, looking nothing like the photos she's sent prior to her voyage. - Original Sin (2001 film)
- It gets its name from a formerly prominent local family, the Mohunes, whose coat of arms includes a symbol shaped like a capital 'Y'. - Moonfleet
- Life at the campus feels like a feudalistic society, with Bill Gates as the lord, and the employees the serfs. - Microserfs
- Meanwhile, Brad became interested in cars like his father and took up soccer. - Home Improvement (TV series)
- Tall, with a red beard, he was seen as trustworthy and, like Fawkes, capable of looking after himself. - Gunpowder Plot
- Scarlett encounters Rhett Butler again at a benefit dance, where he is dressed like a dandy. - Gone with the Wind (novel)
- Charles later awkwardly tries confessing his love to her and hinting that he would like to have a relationship with her, to no avail. - Four Weddings and a Funeral
- After she shrugs it off, her hand becomes possessed, causing her to draw a picture that looks like a book with a deformed, evil face. - The Evil Dead
- With Kong straddling it like a rodeo bull, the bomb falls and detonates. - Dr. Strangelove
- In the first episode, players navigate a tunnel in the wall of a prison cell hidden behind a poster, just like in The Shawshank Redemption. - Duke Nukem 3D
- Otheym gives Paul his dwarf Tleilaxu servant Bijaz, who like a recording machine, can remember faces, names, and details. - Dune Messiah
- Lynx travels with Harle, a mysterious, playful girl dressed like a harlequin. - Chrono Cross
- Jeffrey relays his experience to Sandy, asking her why there are people like Frank. - Blue Velvet (film)
- She disguises herself in virginal white robes and a veil (much like Philia's) to try to catch Senex being unfaithful. - A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum
- She tells him the world needs people like him, and Hapgood can't turn himself in. - Anyone Can Whistle
Meaning of "like" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "like" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "like" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "like"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word like below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.