How to use "look" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "look" in popular movie and book plots
- Paul and Holly look into each other's eyes and kiss. - Breakfast at Tiffany's (film)
- The NTI plays back Bud's message to his wife and the two look at each other with understanding. - The Abyss
- Although he has copied the same painting 20 times, he has never quite captured the look of the girl drinking a glass of water. - Amélie
- Fitzgibbon is inclined to look the other way, siding with the boys because of their frequent church attendance. - Going My Way
- Finding him in a delirious state, she vows to look after him and spends the night on his couch. - The Lost Weekend (film)
- He manages to work up enough courage to confess his love to her, and it begins to look as if a relationship between them might appear. - Maison Ikkoku
- Bernardo is shot protecting the boys he befriended, with his last breath he tells them to look at how bravely their fathers are fighting. - The Magnificent Seven
- He figures that Treehorn drugged him so that his goons could look for the ransom money at the Dude's home. - The Big Lebowski
- Jerry heads out to look for Pam and Kirk at sunset. - The Texas Chain Saw Massacre
- Janet, upset and emotional, wanders off to look for Brad, who she discovers, via a television monitor, is in bed with Frank. - The Rocky Horror Picture Show
- Hazmi's passport did have indicators of Al-Qaeda association, but immigration inspectors were not trained to look for those. - Nawaf al-Hazmi
- The Baker's Wife confesses she has lost the cow, and she and the Baker split up to look for it. - Into the Woods
- The school and community look on Heather's apparent suicide as a tragic decision made by a popular but troubled teenager. - Heathers
- Granger then muses that a large factory of mirrors should be built, so that mankind can take a long look at itself. - Fahrenheit 451
- He helps Billy look down from heaven to see her (instrumental ballet: "Billy Makes a Journey"). - Carousel (musical)
- As the animals look from pigs to humans, they realise they can no longer distinguish between the two. - Animal Farm
Meaning of "look" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "look" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "look" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "look"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word look below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.