How to use "loss" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "loss" in popular movie and book plots
- The book opens with a Kentucky farmer named Arthur Shelby facing the loss of his farm because of debts. - Uncle Tom's Cabin
- On top of that, he suffers the loss of his first wife when their daughter is only three and of his daughter when she is only 25. - A Friend of the Earth
- Harriet is crushed by the loss of her nanny, to whom she was very close. - Harriet the Spy
- The price Regina ultimately pays for her evil deeds is the loss of her daughter Alexandra's love and respect. - The Little Foxes
- Henry Field (Jeffrey Lynn), to whom she had expressed a loss of faith while in prison. - All This, and Heaven Too
- Potter hides the money, knowing its loss will cause severe financial problems for the Building and Loan. - It's a Wonderful Life
- He is haunted by the memory of a dog attack in his youth, which resulted in the loss of his genitalia. - The Wasp Factory
- Although upset at the loss of his house, Toad realises what good friends he has and how badly he has behaved. - The Wind in the Willows
- Hermia is at a loss to see why her lover has abandoned her, and accuses Helena of stealing Lysander away from her. - A Midsummer Night's Dream
- Residents comfort Lee, who is struggling with nightmares and fearing the loss of his skills. - The Magnificent Seven
- Ryan must contact Ramius to prevent the loss of the submarine and her revolutionary technology. - The Hunt for Red October
- The Tokyo Tower and the National Diet Building are destroyed and there is a large loss of life. - Godzilla (1954 film)
- The doctors have found two small puncture marks about her neck, which dr Seward is at a loss to understand. - Dracula
- Billy returns for Julie as the departing Carrie warns that staying out late means the loss of Julie's job. - Carousel (musical)
- Laura, saddened by the loss of a potential friend, longs for a companion. - Carmilla
- Usually in the beginning of the story there is an emotional loss which makes the protagonist leave on his journey. - Bildungsroman
Meaning of "loss" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "loss" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "loss" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "loss"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word loss below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.