How to use "matter" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "matter" in popular movie and book plots
- He instead confronts Gertrude about the matter of his father's death and Claudius' treachery. - Hamlet (1948 film)
- Stoat is disgusted and washes his hands of her and Boodle, telling Twilly that the bridge is going up no matter what Twilly does. - Sick Puppy
- She says she will go with him, no matter what, marry him, and live with him on the ranch. - The Naked Spur
- The matter is complicated when she learns that she became pregnant that night as well. - The Miracle of Morgan's Creek
- Even though the central character's intentions are good, he cannot win, no matter how inventively he tries. - Cops (film)
- Even so, Sally tells Dutch that she is happy as long as they can be together, no matter what he decides to do with his life. - Strategic Air Command (film)
- Dussander also takes great pride in Todd's unbelievable turnaround, going from near dropout to straight A's in a matter of weeks. - Apt Pupil (film)
- What does it matter what you say about people. - Touch of Evil
- He assures her that they will be together no matter what the diagnosis will be. - Love Affair (1939 film)
- Hendrix defers the matter until their return to Earth. - Starman Jones
- After settling the matter of the boy's guardianship, the two set off to visit Sir Michael. - Lady Audley's Secret
- Key events are as follows: Note: The culpability of Boris in the matter of Dmitriy's death can neither be proved nor disproved. - Boris Godunov (opera)
- Huge amounts of matter must be converted to energy to power their hyperspace drive and their weapons. - The Wanderer (Leiber novel)
- Section 31 repeatedly states that if you inquire into the matter with the Federation, they will deny Section 31's existence. - Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
- Since he/she would continue wearing women's clothing, subsequent arrests and imprisonment were only a matter of time. - Glen or Glenda
- Elizabeth characteristically delayed in acting on the matter and he was detained under house arrest for a short time. - Edward de Vere, 17th Earl of Oxford
Meaning of "matter" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "matter" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "matter" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "matter"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word matter below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.