How to use "may" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "may" in popular movie and book plots
- Students may team up and equip themselves with whatever gear they can carry, but are otherwise completely on their own. - Tunnel in the Sky
- Most of his time is spent battling a voracious spider, his own hunger, and the fear that he may eventually shrink down to nothing. - The Incredible Shrinking Man
- '" These elements may be found across the gamut of soap operas, from EastEnders to Dallas. - Soap opera
- The village's wise woman tells Ashitaka that he may find a cure in the western lands Nago came from. - Princess Mononoke
- Mrs Gardiner informs Elizabeth that it is Mr Darcy who has made the match and hints that he may have a motive for doing so. - Pride and Prejudice
- He deduces that they may have all died in the blast, now linked together in half-life, and unsuccessfully tries to get hold of Ubik. - Ubik
- The group was in Malaysia to meet with Hambali for the 2000 Al Qaeda Summit, during which key details of the attacks may have been arranged. - Nawaf al-Hazmi
- Yamane reveals his belief that if nuclear weapons testing continues, another Godzilla may rise in the future. - Godzilla (1954 film)
- Carrie observes that they may have missed an opportunity and then returns to America. - Four Weddings and a Funeral
- It also never may be read, but is still very important. - The Trial
- This antagonism may have triggered the famous quarrel between De Vere and Sidney on the tennis court at Whitehall. - Edward de Vere, 17th Earl of Oxford
- She tells him details about the ear case and a suspicious woman, Dorothy Vallens (Isabella Rossellini), who may be connected to the case. - Blue Velvet (film)
- As Tyrell Corporation Nexus-6 models, they have only a four-year lifespan and may have come to Earth to try to extend their lives. - Blade Runner
- She begins to hope, however, that Hapgood may be the one who can help her learn to be free. - Anyone Can Whistle
- It will try simply to tell of a generation of men who, even though they may have escaped (its) shells, were destroyed by the war". - All Quiet on the Western Front
- He befriends some underground criminals so that they may smuggle him out of the city. - The Plague
Meaning of "may" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "may" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "may" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "may"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word may below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.