How to use "mean" in sentences with meaning in English and Hindi
Example sentences for "mean" in popular movie and book plots
- Catesby replied, "Whatever I mean to do, if the Pope knew, he would not hinder for the general good of our country". - Robert Catesby
- His family takes this to mean that he has returned to his senses, but in reality he now believes himself to be Jack the Ripper. - The Ruling Class (film)
- Some box plots include an additional character to represent the mean of the data. - Box plot
- A second-rate boarding school on the outskirts of Paris is run by the tyrannical and mean Michel Delassalle (Meurisse). - Les Diaboliques (film)
- However, this would mean that Darby would not be allowed to return to Rathcullen and must remain with the leprechauns permanently. - Darby O'Gill and the Little People
- "You don't mean you were telling the truth. - A World of His Own
- Reluctantly, Elliot agrees to play the role, despite full knowledge that it may mean the end of his career as an actor. - The Goodbye Girl
- Such an agreement, Esther and her husband Sean warn him, might mean that he could be left even without a place to stay after her death. - Just Like That (novel)
- Later, when dressing for dinner, Christina shares with Matt her support for Joanna, even if it should mean having to fight her husband. - Guess Who's Coming to Dinner
- Stavros realizes that such a marriage would mean the end of his American dream and adamantly refuses, abruptly leaving the angry cousin. - America America
- Frank, who hates women, assumes that his findings mean that his father is actually female. - The Wasp Factory
- Henry slaps her before telling her that her disobedience will mean her death. - Anne of the Thousand Days
- But having just turned forty she is worried about what her advancing age will mean for her career. - All About Eve
- You mean you daren't; because you'd lose your job and I've got no money and all of us would starve". - Keep the Aspidistra Flying
- In modern terminology, "jianghu" may mean any circle of interest, ranging from the entertainment industry to sports. - Wuxia
- Taking this to mean that Larry was the one who stole the car, Walter and The Dude go to his house, believing Larry has also stolen the money. - The Big Lebowski
Meaning of "mean" in English
Can you explain the meaning of "mean" in simple English? Help us by submitting your answer as comments.
Meaning of "mean" in Hindi
Do you know the Hindi meaning for "mean"? Let us know by posting a comment and earn good karma.
Discuss anything about the word mean below. Improve your vocabulary. Ask experts and help others learn new words. Prepare for exams like GRE, CAT, GMAT, Bank PO, GATE, SAT and others. Learn English as a second language.